Lake Nakuru National Park
“A beautiful wildlife haven”
On the floor of the Great Rift Valley, surrounded by wooded and bushy grassland, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. Lake Nakuru National Park is ideal for bird watching, hiking,picnic and game drives.
- Flamingo (Greater and Lesser) and other water birds including a variety of terrestrial birds numbering about 450 species in total.
- Mammals: 56 different species including white rhinos,waterbuck etc.
- View-points: Lion hill, Baboon cliff and Out of Africa
- Hills: Enasoit, Honeymoon, Lion hill ridge etc
- Waterfalls: Makalia.
- Unique vegetation: About 550 different plant species including the unique and biggest euphorbia forest in Africa, Picturesque landscape and yellow acacia woodlands.
- Cycle with rhino event every September yearly
KWS Self Catering
- Naishi Guest House
- Back Packers
- Makalia Campsite
- Reedbuck Campsite
- Naishi Campsite
- Rhino Campsite
- Chui Campsite
- Soysambu Campsite
- Kambi Nyuki Campsite
- Kambi Nyati Campsite
- Acacia Picnic Site
- Baboon Cliff
- Out of Africa
- Pelican Picnic Site
- Game Viewing
Privately Owned Lodges
Images of Lake National Park
How to get there
- Roads:The park has a tarmac road connection with Nairobi, a distance of 156 km north west of Nairobi on the main A104 road. The most commonly used route into the park is via the main gate, 4 km from Nakuru Town Centre. It is also possible to enter the park from the main Nairobi Nakuru road at Lanet Gate. The Nderit Gate is used by people accessing the park from Masai Mara or Elementaita.
- Airstrips:The Naishi airstrip services the park for tourism and KWS activities.
- Park Roads:The park has an adequate and well serviced motorable roads that make most parts of the park accessible.
- Park Gates:Gate of entry is Lanet Gate near Kenya Pipeline. The Main gate is not accessible due to the rising water levels that hinders a full circuit to the park.